INTERCONNECT COMPONENTS from NORCA
Contacts & Receptacles
We offer standard and custom configurations
- PCB CONNECTORS AND CARRIERS – Single Row – Double Row – Solder Tail - Surface Mount
- DUAL-IN-LINE SOCKETS AND CARRIERS – Headers – Open Frame – Solder Tail – Surface Mount
- SOCKETS INTENDED FOR SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS
- PGA SOCKETS & CARRIERS
- CHIP CARRIER SOCKETS
GENERAL TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- INSULATOR: Glass filled thermoplastic polyester, self extinguishing UL 94 V-0 , Color black, resistant to mineral acids, solvents, greases, oils (short time).
- RECEPTACLE CONTACT:
Sleeve: Screw-mach. brass (QQ-B-626), gold or tin-lead plated (90/10) over 2-3 μm nickel
Clip: Stamped beryllium-copper (QQ-C-533), gold or tin-lead (90/10) plated over 2-3 μm nickel
Pin contact: Screw-machined brass (QQ-B-626) or phosphor bronze (QQ-B-750), gold or tin-lead plated (90/10) over 2-3 μm nickel.
Mechanical data: Insertion characteristics – (measured with polished steel gauge, typical values):
- Type of clip (finger) 4 (Standard) 6 (Low force)
- Gauge diameter (mm): 0.43 0.46
- Insertion force (N): 1.8 0.6
- Withdrawal force (N): 0.9 0.3
- Mechanical life: min. 100 cycles
- Operating temperature: -55 °C /+125 °C (-67 °F / 257 °F)
- Vibration (10-2000 Hz, 15g): no electrical discontinuity > 1 μs
- Shock: (50g) no electrical discontinuity > 1 μs
The RECEPTACLES are made by assembling a machined shell or body (A) with a stamped multiple fingerlike spring contacts (B).
Receptacles are machined on high-speed lathes and are designed with closed bottom that makes it absolutely safe against capillary action of flux during soldering operation and contamination by flux.
The PINS are made on high-speed lathes in various configurations that suit best each application.
- Standard contacts accept PINS (C) with diameter (D) ranging from 0.3 mm or 0.012 inch up to 2.6 mm or 0.100 inch.
- Since RECEPTACLE (A) and CONTACT (B) are manufactured separately these parts can be mated in most advantageous arrangements and an individual plating method can be easily applied.
Following different combinations of interconnect component terminations are available: